Winning With Thais in Work and Life
Cross cultural awareness for expatriates living and working in Thailand
This full day intensive Thai cultural awareness program for expatriates truly opens the door to the secrets of Thai culture. This program is excellent for both newly arrived expatriates and long standing expatriates who want to learn how Thais think, what drives them and how to win them over! This workshop guarantees the answers to some of the greatest cultural barriers between Thais and expatriates. Save time, frustration and energy!!
Winning with Thais in Work and Life is designed to provide participants with valuable understanding and appreciation for Thai culture in the context of work and life. Participants will find this course beneficial on a number of levels, not only are the common aspects of Thai culture covered but also the hidden elements of Thai culture that are not always apparent to foreigners living or working in Thailand. !
Understanding these hidden aspects allows participants the opportunity to tackle and overcome the cross cultural issues that are so common among expatriates and Thais. The program undoubtedly assists participants in acclimatising to life in Thailand as well easing the pressures and frustrations that are commonly experienced by many who lack the fundamental knowledge of Thai way.!
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn about the secret Thai cultural traits
- Learn the fundamentals of Thai values
- Understand the best way to get things done in Thailand
- Understand the social circles and influences in Thai society
- Understand Thai body language
- Become familiar with Thai management styles
- Learn about Thai work practices
- Learn the do and don’t’s of Thailand
- Find out how Thais prefer to do business
MODULE ONE: Introduction to Culture
- Communication and Culture Patterns
- Understand Beliefs, Values, Norms and Social Practices
- Nature of Communication
- Notion of Culture
- Hofstede’s Cultural Taxonomy
- Communication Styles across Cultures
Module Two: Thai Values
- Kreng Jai
- Hai Kiad
- Thai Jai
- The importance of relationships
- Thai social circles
- Avoidance of Conflict
Module Three: Working with Thais
- Life at work
- A sense of urgency and respect for deadlines
- Delegation, responsibility and accountability
- Initiative and leadership
- Evaluating and giving feedback
- Motivating Thais
Module Four: Moving Forward
- Identifying areas for personal development
- Action planning for the future
- Question and Answers
Why choose this course?
- Enhanced cross cultural working relationships
- Bring more openness and understanding to multicultural teams
- Gain a deeper sense of appreciation, empathy and understanding among team members
- Clarity and understanding about what different cultures value and how to work together successfully
Who is this for?
- Any diverse working team
- Multicultural workplaces
- Multinational organisations
Strategies for success
For multicultural teams to work together effectively, strategies and guidelines need to be implemented. In this session, teams work together to create their own strategies and guidelines for future success.
Once teams have created their own guidelines and strategies, they create an action plan to move forward.
Teams are offered group coaching sessions to ensure the successful implementation of the program