In today’s world, we experience a lot of demand for our time, inputs and contributions to the organisation we work for and the society at large. Such demands are increasing as world is getting more complex and real-time due to all the technological progresses and this can inevitably leads to more stress.
As a result, managing stress is a critical skill that you must master and pay more attention to as we advance more into the future. Stress management is about increasing productivity and operating at peak performance. With the right level of stress you can achieve as much as you are capable of, not to mention a higher chance of enjoying what you do when you are at it.
This course walks through many aspects of stress management such as time management, people skills, motivation, diet, influence techniques, right mentality, assertiveness and so on. Each topic is explored in detail and exercises are provided to emphasis the skills during the course. Managing stress requires the correct mentality and attitude towards life. This course, through several sessions and subjects, repeatedly explores this important topic so that the delegates are more likely to adapt to the new point of view and approach life with the right skills to get maximum results.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how stressed you are, what it means for you and how it impacts your life
- Monitor your stress level and detect when it is reducing your performance
- Anticipate and resolve stressful situations systematically using time-based and people-based techniques
- Use specific exercises & diets to become more productive
- Respond to stressful situations using a variety of powerful techniques and become more productive
- Say No and be loved for it!
- Use autosuggestion and imagination to full extent to manage your stress level
1) What is Stress?
- What is the impact of stress at individual or organisational level?
- How to monitor yourself to detect the early signs of stress?
- What are the myths about stress?
- Can stress be good?
- How to take advantage of stress to increase your performance?
- How to interact with people and manage your stress to get maximum results?
- How to manage the impact of stress on your life?
2) How to Monitor Stress?
- How to look for signals that tell you how stressed you are?
- Why monitoring these signals is the first critical step in addressing stress?
- How to read body language signals?
- How to observe your emotions when getting stressed and respond to them accordingly?
3) How to Avoid Extreme Distress?
- What is distress?
- How to be assertive when communicating with others and how can this help you to reduce your stress?
- How to organise and use time management to increase performance and reduce stress?
- How to delegate to maximise your throughput?
- What are the critical body language signals in assertive communication?
4) How to Manage Physiological Stress?
- How correct breathing can help you to become more productive?
- How to use diet to manage stress?
- What physical exercises work best to relive stress?
5) How to Reduce Stress?
- How to use a set of eleven techniques to reduce stress? (These techniques are extensively explained and are accompanied with various exercises so delegates can practice them)
6) How to Say No?
- How being able to easily say no can relive your stress?
- How to say no and offload work from your busy life
7) How to be Positive?
- How to use the power of positive thinking to master the art of stress management?
- How to use imagination to address stress?
Paul (MD of Change Works) is so passionate on his work. He has been terrific throughout the course hes designed specifically for our young leaders.
Pressure facing young leaders in our current high tech, fast changing world is immense. Some of the participants attended the course left us after realizing that their life goal do not align with the company culture. Others who are still with the company has been tremendous, a revolution and is the bedrock of the company culture, cultivating younger leaders for the future.
I have enjoyed Paul’s method; full of fun, laughters and sometimes tears. I will not hesitate to recommend Paul to anyone and he is worth every penny!
Willem Q – Director at Langdon
How do you make a team motivate & push themselves further?
Ask Paul and the Change Works team!
My team & myself had several fantastic workshops with Paul, and many of us had the extra privilege of further one on one sessions with him. From the very next day after one of his workshops, you could feel the difference in the office.
A perfect way to make an already fantastic team push themselves further and raise our awareness of things that had slipped passed, unnoticed.
A year later, and we are still using his terminology & tools so that we can help ourselves. Thank you Paul, for giving us something priceless.