The challenges of today’s workplace are many and varied. This is true at all levels. For leaders, the added dimension of navigating growth through the VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) business environment has been tough enough, even pre-pandemic. Since then, we have seen the rise of distributed working as the next normal, a dispersed blended workforce needing to be led, managed, recognised and developed; and short-term pressures – pressures of business survival for some – adding further stresses and strains. Now, more than ever, leaders and management need to be resilient and work within a climate of constant change and evolving business needs, both internally and externally. Understanding how to identify and manage the pressures and stressors that come with this ever-evolving business landscape provides a solid foundation for today’s most resilient leaders.
- identify within yourself and others the pressures/stressors that have both negative/positive impact
- appreciate the science underlying the workplace situations that drive negative stress at work, impacting both productivity and performance
- understand how positive and negative stressors can influence judgement, collaboration, co-working, communication, motivation and engagement
- recognise how to deal with stress within yourself and how to support others
- Build resilience and help others do the same
Module One: The resilience myth
- What is resilience?
- What does it mean to be a resilient leader?
- Assess your level of resilience
Module Two: Defining your leadership purpose and values
- What is your leadership purpose?
- What values guide your behavior and decisions?
- Overcoming internal conflicts and lead with authenticity
Module Three: Managing stress
- The brain and stress
- Positive and negative stress
- Stress management techniques
Module Four: Developing your resilience
- Habits and behaviors
- Strategies to build resilience
- Healthy mind and body
The program is designed to be highly interactive, engaging and inclusive. The session can be delivered online or face to face. The program is delivered through a combination of: Mini -lectures , group discussions, peering mentoring, self-reflection exercises, case studies