Developing emotional fitness is essential for all professionals that want to be effective at work and remain healthy. Developing high levels of emotional intelligence is beneficial at many levels. Managing demanding workloads, interacting and dealing with people, managing stress and uncertainly, dealing with change, and managing and leading teams, all engage our emotions. If we are not able to manage our emotions, the impact on our effectiveness, success and ultimately our health will suffer.
This program on Emotional Intelligence covers the fundamental principles, competencies and core skills to support the participants on their journey to developing higher levels of emotional intelligence. Participants are introduced to the EI framework of emotional intelligence as a reference point for the entire program.
This program is pragmatic and focused upon preparing the participants for real life situations and issues that engage emotions. Participants will learn how to manage their own and others emotions more effectively. Your team can hugely benefit professionally and personally from the information, methods and skills provided in this program.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know and understand the core principles of emotional intelligence
- Be able to recognize emotions more accurately
- Be able to manage intense emotions more effectively
- Know how to reduce levels of stress
- Be able to manage others more effectively
- Be more skilled at dealing with difficult conversations
- Be able to motivate themselves and others
- Know how to live a more balanced life
Module 1: Introduction to emotional intelligence
- Understand what emotional intelligence is
- Learn the framework of emotional intelligence
- Grasp the key competences of Emotional Intelligence
Module 2: Self awareness as a professional
- Understand emotions and how they work
- Know how the brain processes emotions
- Understand how the brain makes sense of the world
- Learn how emotional hijacking happens
Module 3: Self management and emotions
- Utilizing the power of optimism
- How to manage anger effectively
- How to manage worry and uncertainty
Module 4: Developing self motivation
- Learn strategies to motivate yourself
- Know how to avoid apathy
- Develop creative thinking
Module 5: Developing Empathy
- The importance of empathy
- Understanding the physiology of empathic communication
- Applying empathy when communicating with others
Module 6: Social Awareness
- Learn how to have effective group interactions
- How to listen effectively
- Be aware of “Negative Listening Types”
- Know how to raise your social awareness through listening
Module 7: Relationship Management
- Understand the six humans needs (emotional needs)
- Know how to recognize others’ needs and desires
- How to motivate and support others
- How to develop positive relationship
Paul (MD of Change Works) is so passionate on his work. He has been terrific throughout the course hes designed specifically for our young leaders.
Pressure facing young leaders in our current high tech, fast changing world is immense. Some of the participants attended the course left us after realizing that their life goal do not align with the company culture. Others who are still with the company has been tremendous, a revolution and is the bedrock of the company culture, cultivating younger leaders for the future.
I have enjoyed Paul’s method; full of fun, laughters and sometimes tears. I will not hesitate to recommend Paul to anyone and he is worth every penny!
Willem Q – Director at Langdon
How do you make a team motivate & push themselves further?
Ask Paul and the Change Works team!
My team & myself had several fantastic workshops with Paul, and many of us had the extra privilege of further one on one sessions with him. From the very next day after one of his workshops, you could feel the difference in the office.
A perfect way to make an already fantastic team push themselves further and raise our awareness of things that had slipped passed, unnoticed.
A year later, and we are still using his terminology & tools so that we can help ourselves. Thank you Paul, for giving us something priceless.